Whole School Curriculum
Partnering with Schools and parents to prepare young lives
The journey of adolescents is full of moral decisions, challenges and learning opportunities, all of which have a far-reaching impact on school culture and academic performance.
Michelle’s Healthy Relationships curriculum is designed to specifically invest into the decision-making processes that students utilise when interacting with others. It aims to work preventatively, practically, and addresses sexual health, relationship strategies as well as personal identity and growth.
This curriculum was originally developed in consultation with dedicated student support services and school principals who wanted to ensure that values and healthy relationships underpinned their school culture.
This curriculum can be tailor made to the suit the needs of your school. Amongst other things it aims to:
• Offer age appropriate, accurate medical and statistical information
• Deliver content in an engaging and relatable way
• Emphasise the values that underpin healthy relationships
• Address cyber safety as a major sex educator in a child’s world
• Ensure children are neither overexposed nor misinformed
• Be sensitive to the diverse range of maturity in each classroom
• Involve parents and communities in the process
• Prepare children for the real pressures they will face in high school
The whole school (Year 7 – 12) program contains one presentation per year level. Content aims to build from year to year, allowing a progression of ideas and values. Content may also be delivered to single gender audiences. The most commonly requested presentations are as follows:
Year 7: Building Strong Self-esteem
Year 8: The Teenage Brain
Year 9: Wise Online Choices
Year 10: The Impact of Pornography
Year 11: Anxiety and Stress
Year 12: Consent and Partying Responsibly
This curriculum is accompanied by a parent night which provides parents with the opportunity to discuss and ask questions about the curriculum. Schools are welcome to choose one of the topics from Michelle’s parent presentations as an additional focus of the night.
Sign up to receive my latest blogs, upcoming events and special offers straight to your inbox each month,
PLUS your FREE 20-page ebook!
I’m not into email spam! You will receive one email a month from me, and you can unsubscribe anytime.