Where Babies Come From
the true story of of how life begins
This presentation gives young people accurate information about where
babies come from in an age appropriate and values-based context. Using real and
strikingly beautiful images of babies in the womb, young people discover more about
the creation of life, the process of pregnancy and birth.
This presentation includes:
• Myths about where babies come from
• Conception, including a clear explanation of the term ‘sex’
• Beautiful images of conception, and the embryo and foetus growing in the womb
• The important role of the placenta and umbilical cord
• The different roles that eggs and sperm play in making a baby
• IVF and how doctors can help
• Stages of pregnancy
• Developmental milestones including heartbeat, thumb sucking, hearing and movement.
• Birth including vaginal birth and C-section
• A very general discussion about illnesses and deaths which answers children’s natural questions
• Contraception and why adults use it
• Where to direct ongoing questions
Duration: 50-minute session
Recommended audience: Delivered in both Year 5 or 6. May be delivered as a part of the Upper Primary Sexual Health and Cyber Safety Curriculum or alone. May be delivered to specific genders separately, although Michelle’s preference is to speak to both genders together.
Michelle delivered the best sexual health lessons I have seen in my 20 years of teaching. She showed a genuine interest in the students while delivering entertaining, visually engaging and accurate information. Her presentation took the fear out of the subject matter and made it fun. I without hesitation recommend the program.
Rick Herd, Year 5 teacher
Michelle has delivered our sexual health program for over seven ears. Coupled with a comprehensive parent information session, the program ticks all the boxes for us, and includes loads of entertaining and educational moments for every student.
Katie Stubbing, Deputy Principal Ferny Grove State School
Michelle has been working with our students for many years. She provides a balanced, engaging and educational perspective that is perfectly pitched for year 5 and 6. Our children not only learn about the changes their bodies will undergo, but more importantly, they learn about sound positive values that sit behind human sexuality. Michelle works with our parent community to explain the program and shares insightful lessons as they move into this new stage of parenthood. We couldn’t image teaching human sexuality any other way.
Danielle Priday, Principal Patricks Rd State School
Sign up to receive my latest blogs, upcoming events and special offers straight to your inbox each month,
PLUS your FREE 20-page ebook!
I’m not into email spam! You will receive one email a month from me, and you can unsubscribe anytime.